Custom Crate Designs
Your crate can be designed and delivered to you in a format that accommodates your product or equipment’s specific needs and will make packaging and unloading easier and/or transportation less costly.
The configuration of your crate and the types of fasteners used will be defined by your specific needs and objectives. The weight, size, fragility and packaging of your piece and the use of the crate whether it will be a single or multiple use product are also considered.
These are some popular crate configuration examples:
- Total Knock Down: delivered flat. All panels, and top will be stacked on base ready to be assembled.
- Shell Remove: shell of the crate, which includes the 4 sides and top, are permanently fastened together and can be removed in one piece. The shell is then attached to the base after the packing is completed.
- Top and One Side Remove: top and side panels can be unfastened and removed for easy access to load and secure your product.
- Ramp Crate: delivered with an end or side hinged to accommodate equipment or racks or casters that can roll over that panel and into the crate.
Our proprietary crate design software allows us to design crates to meet your specific needs. We are able to design the crate you need no matter the construction material of the crate base or wall configuration that is required. And this is possible even if all walls of your crate need to be different from each other!
These are some popular wall configuration examples:
- Cleated Walls: plywood walls can be cleated with 1x4s or 2x4s depending on the items size, weight, and fragility.
- Plywood Only: panels can be constructed out of 1/2″, 5/8″, or 3/4″ plywood.
- Slat Crate: lumber can be used to construct a frame around the equipment for protection.